CSM and Charter Oak Research are delighted to partner together and offer profound survey research to your school.
Using advanced marketing research techniques, we deliver qualitative results and valuable data. Opposed to other forms of educational research and consulting, we strategically key in on, and isolate, valuable data points that provide a concrete foundation for our consultation and planning. Based on our knowledge of the industry across hundreds of schools, thousands of in person interviews of students, parents, faculty, and Trustees, we know what questions to ask and how to evaluate the answers. With CSM and Charter Oak, you will get data that can provide true insight into your decision-making.
The most important surveys that every Christian school should do annually are:
- Student Survey (5th to 12th grade)
- Parent Survey
- Faculty Survey
- Staff Survey
These four surveys offer unparalleled depth of information that will aid you in the retention and recruitment of students, development of annual giving, and discovering where the tensions exist in your community. Often done within the context of CSM working directly with the school, they ensure that foresight is not blind and that strategic planning and strategic financial management are carried out with wisdom and knowledge.
Charter Oak has access to robust databases that allows access to virtually any local demographic in the world. Normed data gives insight as to how you stand relative to your Christian school colleagues. Professional reports make educating and informing your Board really straightforward. In person reporting can also be requested. Two other specific areas of research are also available:
- Demographic Research: The first portion of the research will involve desk research with the goal of providing marketing research intelligence to Charter Oak Research in preparing to serve the school. Basic demographics data for mission appropriate families within the area will be gathered to aid in identifying the potential market size, trends within this market, etc. This information is essential to more effectively reaching out to the general population as well as better offering consulting on best practices and achievable results. This research should be complete within 60 days from the beginning of the contract.
- General Population Survey: For this part of the research, an online survey will be conducted with parents of school aged children within a 20-mile radius of the school (or a more appropriate distance based on our demographic research and your current understanding of your market). The objective of this research will be to identify the position of the school to the general population in the region and brand recognition, as well as to understand overall awareness and perceptions of the school and the perceived value of private/Christian education. We will also be able to identify potential differences of perception of families that attend church regularly and those who do not. This research should be complete in 60-90 days.
Charter Oak also offers two consulting opportunities related to marketing and enrollment:
- Enrollment and Marketing Audit: The final aspect of this project will be to assist the school with the enhancement of an admissions approach to ensure best practices and understanding of trends with family decision making on enrollment. Included in this will be the identification of best practices in admissions and communication model to increase yields throughout the admissions funnel. Emphasis will be placed on how to promote the school effectively to a competitive market by developing a cohesive message. The main focus will be to move the enrollment process from reactive to proactive thus driving enrollment for the upcoming year and beyond. Initially, this would be a session on the campus of the school as we develop the programs. Then periodic coaching and monitoring via phone and school visits as needed. We will provide continual feedback to you and your team as requested and needed.
- Enrollment and Brand Messaging Consulting: The aspect of this research will be to assist the school with the enhancement of an Admissions model to meet the financial needs of the school. Included in this will be the identification of best practices in admissions and communication model to increase yields throughout the admissions funnel. Emphasis will be placed on how to promote the school effectively to a competitive market by developing a cohesive message. The main focus will be to move the enrolment process from reactive to proactive thus driving enrolment for the upcoming year and beyond. This consulting and coaching would be through the school year. Initially, this would be a session on the campus of the school as we develop the programs. Then periodic coaching and monitoring via phone and school visits as needed. We will provide continual feedback to you and your team as requested and needed.
Visit the Charter Oak website to see their full range of offerings.