Simon has been Executive Director of CSM since August 2017. He consults directly with Christian schools that have enrollments of 350 or less and tuitions of $12,360 or less. He provides school-hosted workshops, writes Entheos (the CSM weekly letter), and works to extend God’s kingdom by training and coaching other Christian school leaders to work with CSM. CSM’s mission is For Jesus; Through Mission; With Students.
Simon is passionate about reversing the decline in Christian education that has happened during the 21st century. He works to ensure that Christian schools are healthy, happy. CSM is committed to working with schools in a way that leads to independence, not co-dependence.
From 1977 – 2003, he carried out his vocation in Christian schools including:
- Bible study leader
- Teacher of English, History, and Religious Studies
- Including being a finalist for Excellence in Teaching Canadian History
- Choir Director of Male Voice and Female Voice choirs
- Outdoor leader in both winter and summer activities
- 10 years as Head of two schools
- Working in residential, day, single-sex, co-ed, K-12 schools
From 2003 – 2017, Simon was a Senior Consultant for Independent School Management (ISM), an international research based consulting company. In that context, he worked in five countries and over 150 schools, leading conversations around strategic planning, financial planning, scheduling, faculty culture and strategic academic planning, and school performance analysis. He was also a lead writer and author for ISM.
He continues to keynote, speak, and lead workshops at educational conferences including PNAIS, ERB, VAIS, AMS, CASE (2010, 2016 Stellar Speaker), ISAS, NJAIS, ACSI, CAIS, AISNE, NCAIS, ASB Un-Plugged, SAES, FCIS, CSI, Laptop Institute, CBOA, LEA. He worked with ACSI as part of their LeadershipU Program for two years.
Simon earned his MA from the University of Oxford (School of Modern History), his BEd (Hons.) from the University of Lethbridge, and his MEd (Educational Leadership) from Concordia University. As a believer in life-long learning, he:
- has taken graduate and other courses from Prairie Bible Institute, Athabasca University, and the University of Western Ontario
- attended the Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, NC, and is certified to carry out/coach 360° Assessments; participated in the Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School; trained in De Bono Six Hats/Creative Thinking, Susan Scott’s Fierce Conversations, Kiersey’s Temperament Sorter; took a a course on Key Principles of Servant Leadership from the Greenleaf Center for Servant Leadership
Mr. Jeynes is married with four children, a dog, cat, and two birds. He is delighted that two of his children are now at university.